Building Permits

Building permits are required for most types of construction within Felton Town Limits. Generally a Compliance Letter is issued by the town stating that a project meets the town’s zoning requirements which is taken to Kent County Div. of Permitting and Enforcement which issues the official building permit. For more specific information see below or contact Felton Town Hall at 302-284-9365.

Buildings (homes & businesses) are required to go before the Felton Planning & Zoning Committee who recommends to Town Council whether a Compliance Letter should be issued. Once approval is given by Town Council a Compliance Letter is issued which must be brought to Kent County to receive permit.

Accessory Projects – The following Compliance Letters may be issued by the Town Manager if all zoning requirements are met. This Compliance Letter must also be brought to Kent County for official building permit.

  • Fences
  • Sheds
  • Decks
  • Pools


Below are the current Planning and Zoning Fees for FY2024. These fees are valid from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024

Town of Felton Fees

Building Permit Forms