Trash is collected each Wednesday (except select holidays) by Waste Industries of Delaware. All trash must be at the curb by 6 am (can be put out the night before) in trash container provided by Waste Industries. If there is more trash please secure in trash bags (so that it won’t blow into the streets) and place next to the trash container.
Each residence is allowed one bulk item a week. Bulk items are considered to be anything more than 3′ x 3′ and would include items such as a mattress or sofa.
The items NOT taken by our trash service are:
- Toxins such as used motor oil and oil paints
- Items containing freon such as an air conditioner or refrigerator
- Building materials such as lumber, dry wall etc.
These items should be taken to a Delaware Solid Waste Authority (DSWA) landfill. The closest being DSWA Sandtown Landfill, 1107 Willow Grove Rd, Felton DE 19943.
Effective January 1st, 2011 – Yard Waste will no longer be collected with your trash.
Yard Waste can be composted in your backyard or taken to these approved drop off locations (there is a $1 per bag fee at these collection sites):
- EZ Mulch, 949 Horsepond Rd, Dover DE • (302)774-9184
- DSWA Sandtown Landfill, 1107 Willow Grove Rd (rte 10), Felton DE • 1-800-404-7080
Yard Waste includes: Grass, Leaves, Pruning, Brush, Shrubs, Garden Material & Tree limbs up to 4” in diameter.
If you have any questions please contact DSWA at 800-404-7080.
Curbside recycling is picked up every other Wednesday.